P-K Truck Stop Restaurant in Beaverdam
once stood at the cross roads of America
When U.S. 30 and U.S. 25 crossed on the northside of Beaverdam, that community was truly at the cross roads of America.
Route 30, also known as the Lincoln Highway, took travelers from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic.
Meanwhile, Route 25 took travelers from Upper Michigan to the tip of Florida. Beaverdam is where the two highways crossed.
Here’s a photo of The P-K Truck Stop Restaurant service station in Beaverdam in the late 1940s. P-K stood for Parks and Klay.
It advertised “meals at all hours,” located on U.S. 30 and U.S. 25, the cross roads of America.
The sign shows that the service station offered Fleet-Wing gas. The vehicle at the pump resembles a 1947 or 1948 Dodge.