School's out for the day at Bluffton High School
It’s fall 1958. Here’s a view of West College Avenue taken at the corner of Main and College (Bluffton High School side of street).
What’s in view? Several things.
• A tree lawn along College Avenue
• Some 1950-era school buses parked and loading high school students for a trip home
• If you look closely, a building that no longer exists – it’s the 1911 wing of the school
• A sign stating “School Limits – Caution – Slow Down,
• Below it a sign stating “No parking school days
• Girls in long dresses – compared to today’s style
What don't you see? • Street painting on College Avenue - it's due in about five years
We’ve enlarged several section of the larger photo for viewers to take a closer look at this 1958 scene.