What are these two buildings and what became of them?
Yes, it’s Bluffton, although none of the buildings in this photo exist today – except perhaps the building showing the rooftop where this photograph was taken.
Here’s what we see: • Methodist Episcopal Church on the left
It was razed in 1915 because the congregation outgrew it.
The present United Methodist Church stands in its place
• The Methodist parsonage is the white two-story house to the right of the church.
• The large Victorian building is the Bluffton school. It stood until 1954.
The present elementary building stands in its place
• One very noticeable group of objects standing out in this photo are the number of trees standing along Jackson Street.
The photographer is unknown. This photo is from the Ray Mumma collection.