Moving quickly through Bluffton, Ohio 100 years ago, this Lake Erie and Western Railroad freight train is steaming at a fast clip from Sandusky to Lima and possibly on its way to the end of the line in Peoria, Illinois.
The photo was taken sometime between 1920 and 1924 and is in the collection of Dick Boehr.
The mill on the east side of the track (right side of the photo) was razed about 15 years ago. The station, seen at the edge on the left side is now located on Spring Street at the Buckeye as the home of the Bluffton Sportmen's Club.
Viewers can see portions of two siding, which no longer exist. One siding went to a freight house.